What Personal Data Does Self Opportunity Collect About You?
Information You Provide Directly
We may collect the following personal data from you when you apply for a position:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, physical address, telephone number;
- Employment Background Information such as resume/CV, employment history, academic and professional qualifications;
- Work eligibility and citizenship information;
- Demographic Information such as racial or ethnic origin for government reported statistics when permitted by law or with your consent.
Information We Collect from Other Parties
We may collect personal data from other parties as part of the recruitment process. For example:
- Information provided from agencies performing background checks;
- Information from public sources and social media sites;
- Information from recruitment agencies that you have asked to support you in finding a job;
- Information provided by team members who have referred you for a job.
How Does Self Opportunity Use Your Personal Data?
We may collect and use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you about your job application and potential future job opportunities;
- To administer, support, and manage the job application process;
- Where necessary to comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements;
- To evaluate and report the demographic makeup of our company where allowed by law; and
- For other purposes as described to you at the time we collect your personal data.
When Does Self Opportunity Share Your Data and Who are the Recipients?
As part of the recruitment process, Self Opportunity may disclose your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Internally with Self Opportunity team members, contractors, and vendors who require the information to administer and manage the recruitment process;
- To third-party service providers which process personal data on our behalf to provide certain services, such as background checks;
- To third-parties with whom you instruct Self Opportunity to share your personal data;
- We may share your personal data if we believe it is reasonably necessary to comply with valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas, warrants) or protect the rights, property, or safety, of Self Opportunity, our employees, or users;
- If Self Opportunity is acquired or transferred (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may share your personal data with the acquiring or receiving entity.
Your personal data will be retained until the end of the employment application process plus a reasonable period thereafter. If your job application is successful, the personal data collected during the recruitment process will be added to your human resources file and retained for the duration of your employment.
Your Rights and Choices
You may access, correct, or delete your personal data at any time. You may also withdraw your consent, or object to the processing of your personal data when based on our legitimate interests. To submit a deletion request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions or concerns about the way we are handling your data, please email us with the subject line “Privacy Concern” at email@example.com